In 2014, a project to design, fabricate and install two butane offload stations was completed using a fully integrated approach with a single point of contact. The scope of this project is summarized below.
- Design, fabricate & Install two butane offload stations
- Provide DOT pump manifold tie-ins to a 113’x 60’ above ground storage tank
- Install over 550 linear feet of 6” Butane offload piping
- Install over 70 linear feet of 8” Butane blending piping
- Design, fabricate & install elevated pipe bridge along with individual pipe supports for each pipe run
- Truck staging, turnaround & containment areas
- Design, fabricate & install new firefighting & protection capabilities
- Install over 250 linear feet of 12” firewater piping
- Provide additional firewater cannon and monitors
- System configuration to accommodate two additional offload stations
From start to finish, this project had to be and was completed in 3 months illustrating the benefits of having an integrated project solution. A simplified schedule is shown below.
The picture shows one of the two Butane offload stations along with the fire suppression system during validation. This project was designed and fabricated in Delaware when site preparation and civil work was being performed. The structural, mechanical and electrical components were installed on a turnkey basis on site in New Jersey.